Thursday, August 23, 2012

Worship, Washboards and Witnessing

We had a wonderful visit with the church in San Carlos Sunday morning. We enjoyed worship and sweet fellowship at the little Vida Nueva church near the old train station there, and it was so encouraging to all of us. What a blessing to visit other believers and praise the Lord with them!

It has been very hot here, as I'm pretty sure it has been most everywhere lately, and I've been working early and trying to get things done before it warms up.  Since we moved and our water isn't hooked up yet, I'm back to the "olden days" of washing clothes on a washboard. Sure makes me appreciate water, washing machines and the like. My neighbor, Guadalupe, has a lovely tree over the area where we wash clothes, and the chickens mill around while I'm scrubbing there. It's really quite enjoyable, all things considered. 

Since our increase in military personnel, I have had many more opportunities to share the Lord with the soldiers. It's amazing to me, but the other day, one of them, upon arriving at the checkpoint, asked me if I was the woman who lived in the church in Tepeyac.I was surprised he remembered me, but you never know. I pray I can make a difference in at least one soldier's life here in Mexico.

One of the women in Tepeyac just returned from the hospital in Acuña where she's been receiving treatment for a partial amputation of her foot due to diabetes. She had just received the Lord as her savior about two months ago, and was baptized in Comanche, Texas. Please pray for Lydia and her speedy healing. 

Bill remains in Carrizo Springs and this week, he's making a few runs to Victoria. Should be an adventure, as he says. He hopes to come home this weekend, and it will be great to see him.

I am prayerfully planning a trip to visit Aspermont and Haskell the first part of September, and look forward to fellowship with old and new friends there. 

We appreciate your prayers for us, and thank those of you who have written. I apologize because I'm very behind on correspondence right now, and will try to catch up this coming week. 

I leave you with this scripture:

"Only be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go." Joshua 1:7



Serving Him with joy,

Toni and Bill



No comments:

Post a Comment