Friday, June 10, 2022

Visits From Friends

Greetings from Tepeyac in Jesus’ glorious name!

I pray the Lord is blessing you and yours as you seek His face during these challenging times we are living in.

We can try our best to be the hands and feet of Jesus as we travel through our lives, keeping our eyes on the Lord as we make a difference in the lives around us.

The longer I live on this planet, the more I am sure that the things that are important in this life are not things at all, but the people He puts in our paths.

My husband, Bill, has been in and out of the hospital lately and is currently in ICU. I have visited him daily and he is in good spirits, all things considered.

The first weekend he was at home, we had visits from our good friends in Palmira. I am sharing photos from that visit and with our neighbors.

There is a cultural respect for the elderly here that I have observed in Mexico that I haven’t seen in the United States. I am sure it is present in the US as well. It’s just that I have never seen it like I’ve seen it here.

  

 Everyone who came to see Bill told him how good it was to see him and how much they appreciated him. They showed such love and care for him, it made him glow. He was so blessed.

        

I want to be more like that, making people feel so special and appreciated that they feel the love and care and it makes their lives better.

How many times we walk by people and say, “Hello, how’s it going?” and don’t stop to hear the person’s response? We live in a time of social media, and many people are feeling alone and discouraged.  Some people are depressed and if we take the time, we can make the difference in their lives if we just sit and listen.

A wise pastor once told me people pay lots of money for psychiatrists and psychologists to listen to them when they just need a friend to listen. He said we have two ears and one mouth, so we should be listening twice as much as we talk.

I have several friends that just need someone to listen. There’s a part of me that wants to fix all their problems, but over the years I have realized that most of the time, they just need a listening ear.

I pray you will be that friend that listens and loves them, showing compassion, encouraging them and being that sounding board for them. Keep being available and ready to pray for your friend.

God bless you as you seek the Lord and make a difference in your sphere of influence.

In His strong embrace,

Toni








No comments:

Post a Comment